- Are you putting this off?你要推迟吗?
- I mean, are you having second thoughts?我的意思是,你是不是改变主意了?
- and I want to be your wife.我想成为你的妻子。女孩子可以跟男孩子去说这句了,呵呵。
- Magna cum laude, in fact.俚语,引申意为优等生。
- My wife is quite fond of the story.我妻子非常喜爱这个故事。
- Come June, it’s our 40th anniversary.即将来临的6月份是我们第四十个结婚纪念日。
- it’s all gonna come down like a house of cards.come down=倒塌,a house of cards=纸做的房子,不牢靠的计划。
- That’s where I was hoping you could be of assistance.那就是我所希望你能帮助的地方。
- And it’ll keep you off the yard. keep off=远离
- I’ll take my chances. 我会试一下的,take one’s chance=碰运气。
- There’s a better way. 有更好的办法。
- That won’t stop it. It’ll only delay it.不会停止只会延迟。
- If the inmate appeals to me for intervention,how can I turn my back on him? appeals to =呼吁,要求,上诉;turn one’s back on=背弃,抛弃。
- He was really sweet. 他人很好。
- Men and women can’t be friends.男人和女人不可能成为朋友。 这句可以跟女朋友说。
- Can you get it for me, or not?
- Can’t be done... 不行。
- I’ll pass. 通不过?这个不知道怎么解释,但是是拒绝的意思。
- Well, for everyone’s sake. 为了每个人着想。
- Are you sure? Positive. 你确信?当然。Positive这个词也是经常用的。
- Uh, what’s up. 啊,怎么了?这个美语里很常见,通常黑人都说 wassup,man.超级顺口。